Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mandarin tuition classes

Ziyi is finally enrolled in a Mandarin class tuition early this August. We were contemplating between home tuition vs tuition centers and we ended up with the latter. I was not able to send her to the center on her 1st day, in fact I won't be sending her but can only pick her up when it's over, she was behaving extremely well! Surprisingly, no crying or looking for mama when there were no familiar faces at the center at all. Everything went well for the 1.5 hours class and she did not mind going again, so yesterday was her 3rd class. She attends the class twice a week, 1.5 hours each time.

Her books ain't easy man...I can't read most of the words myself. She was reading the words to me last night, though with wrong intonation but later I realised she could read because she was reading the Hanyu PinYin and not because she can recognize the Chinese words!

I wonder if it's good to teach them with PinYin for a start. I can't wait for the day she can converse with us in Mandarin as she still doesn't allow us speaking to her in Chinese.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Ziyi's next Birthday