180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar
2 nos. Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly (i couldn't find XL eggs, so i used 2 normal large eggs, weighing 130gm)
250 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed (i used pisang rastali)
50 gm. Dairy whip cream (i substituted with baby's formula milk)
1/2 tsp. Banana essence (i substituted with vanilla essence)
2 bananas - slice (i omitted this)
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.
filling the cake tin with the batter
hot & fresh out from the oven... notice the crack? i used an 8-inch cake tin, the batter was too high, causing the crack. make sure u use a 9-inch cake tin to avoid cracks on top of cake.