1 free range chicken
Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary or anything you have in the fridge)
2 bay leaves
1 large bulb of garlic, bruised
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Marinate with all the ingredients mentioned above.
- As for the lemon, cut into halves, microwave for 30sec and squeeze the juice out to marinate the chicken, then stuff the lemon into its cavity.
- Place the chicken breast side up, lift up the skin and stuff some herbs and garlic underneath the skin.
- Leave the marinated chicken in the fridge for a few hours
- Preheat oven to 200c and roast the chicken for about 30-40 mins, or even longer if need be.