i'm a big fan of garlic, be it raw or fried, and also fried shallots. i use plenty of these in my cooking and ziyi's food is not exempted too.
whenever i cook for her, i will chop lots of garlics to stir fry with her vegetables and i will cut up few slices of ginger and an onion to cook with her porridge. i love the aroma of the ginger and onions lingering in my kitchen. i've also tried "double-boiled free range chicken with lots of shallots" soup and it turned out really good.
i found some interesting facts from the www:
- Garlic and onions are among the oldest cultivated food plants. Their culinary, medicinal and religious use dates back more than 6,000 years
- Crushed garlic can be used as a dressing for external wounds. It was used extensively in the Second World War for its antibiotic and antiseptic qualities.
- To freshen garlic breath: Swish mouth with lemon juice and then chew fresh parsley
- There is an all-garlic restaurant in Stockholm where they offer a garlic cheesecake.
- All varieties of garlic--there are more than 450 --are members of the Lily family.